2014 - 15 Summary
Residents and businesses are restricted or prohibited from using indoor or outdoor fireplaces, wood stoves, firepits and chimineas that burn wood, pellets, manufactured logs or any other solid fuel, when fine particle pollution is forecast to be elevated. It is your responsibility to Check Before You Burn. First time violations will result in a $50 fine or an option to complete and pass a wood smoke awareness course. Fines for subsequent violations are higher.
Call 1-877-NOBURN-5 (1-877-662-8765) to get the daily burn status.
To report a complaint or suspected violation from November through February,
call the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District at 1-800-880-9025.
- Sole source of heat waiver or financial hardship
- Text of Rule 421: - Mandatory Episodic Curtailment of Wood and Other Solid Fuel Burning
- Frequently Asked Questions: English Spanish (Coming soon) Russian (Coming soon) Hmong (Coming soon)
- Check Before You Burn brochure: English Spanish (Coming soon)
- AQI look-up table for PM 2.5 concentrations
- California Air Resources Board Wood Burning Handbook
- List of exemptions, plus EPA Phase II certified devices
- Get Cash When You Remove or Replace Your Old Wood Stove/Fireplace
- District's Low Income Wood Stove and Fireplace Change Out Incentive Program